Thursday, June 30, 2011

Academia

Well, well...it seems its time for an update. I have finally decided on my classes and am diving into the world of academia yet again. This semester I will be taking:
  • The Political Economy of Space, Development, and Uneven Development
  • Social Movements and Social Change
  • Sociological Perspectives on Urban Development
  • Conflicts and Humanitarian Crises
  • Public Health Planning and Disaster Management
My professor of the first two courses I listed is quite a dynamo. She's firey, engaging, and embraces an entirely subjective teaching style, frequently expressing her personal critiques to development. The professor of my Conflicts and Humanitarian Crises class is equally engaging. The first day of our class I thought he was one of the students...glad I didn't let on to that! Anyhow, he is certainly young and has a lot of energy...potentially too much for 9am on Thursday mornings. More to come soon, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Cosi! This is so amazing! All the classes seem very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is a masters program, Hil? I am so excited and jealous of you. The apartment looks lovely : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY thank you for putting pictures up! Your roommates look really nice! I'm actually in the airport now, flying out in a couple of hours :)
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete